Taking opportunities



By being part of GWY staff I am having the chance to develop others but my organization is taking care of my development also. Since September I had to skip some of staff meetings because I had to travel in Prishtina for a specialized course called "Basics of community Youth Work" organized from Forum SYD.

Martin top right with other participants


The course is very interactive and applying effective learning methods. Me and Shqiprim who is from GWY too, are really enjoying this opportunity given us by Forum SYD through George Williams Youth Association.
In this training except personal development, I had the chance to meet some people from Local youth councils and other organizations all over Kosovo which is good for the future collaborations.

There are some modules part of this course plus one practical placement. The 5th module was held in Albania's capital city, Tirana. We really had fun there and I was part of some powerful sessions for Conflict solving in youth work and youth organizations.


In the other modules we worked more deeply in terms of the way of working with youth, young people from different ages and especially adolescents as a specific period of our working groups.

This training was a bit more reflective and there were self-reflection methods which made it easier to understand the position of the youth we are working with. In few sessions we also worked in parental styles, where we understood how to deal with different situations in which we find ourselves during everyday youth work.

I felt very good being part of this training for many reasons. Firstly, since beginning of the training I noticed that trainers and facilitators were well prepared and experienced in the field they were teaching. I want to mention Emi a trainer from TRIAGOLNIK (course co-organizer) who I think is the best example of teaching theory and practice in a perfectly mixed way. Secondly, I really enjoyed the fact that how professional and experienced some of the participants were, many of whom are in decision making and high level positions in the youth sector here in Kosovo.



I want to thank GWY and Forum SYD for giving me a scholarship and the opportunity to join this special course and I hope that this cooperation will last.


Martin

Comments

  1. Martin, a very well written blog! You have been a fantastic participant during this training and have represented our organization perfectly. This ensures other leaders and young people from our GWY will get the same opportunity as you have showed we are a serious NGO. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza