Doruntina helps Lead Change

My name is Doruntina and I’m a part of  YMCA in Kosovo. The first time I heard about this organization I though why not to go to a place where I can raise my voice. I’m so happy that there’s a place where the youth have the opportunity to follow their dreams.

Doruntina volunteering


I went to the YMCA for the first time in May for their Leadership Project and I’m still part of that today, now in level 2. I really enjoy the sessions and now i am also a peer trainer. In fact YMCA helped me a lot, day by day I got a lot more confident and I had no more fear to confront others.I learned to reduce prejudice and not to be part of stereotypes. I learned how its important to volunteer and what critical and constructive thinking is. Most of all I just being part of this amazing organisation.

Since my first session in the Leadership project i knew I wanted to be a peer trainer, and now I have a wonderful group with 10 great people.They’re so interested to learn and to support each other, and I love their creative ideas and I'm so proud that I’m their trainer. I love seeing them when they’re having fun and when they talk or discuss something with all their heart.

I also like to volunteer on other activities and the “Leading Change” conference was one of my best experiences. I had a great time and I learned a lot of new things, i remember during one of our meetings in front of the library and Adi was telling us where we needed to be and what our jobs were going to be, we all were so excited and happy.

"Leading Change" Conference Volunteers

I ended up being one of the stewards and later on taking part in the exhibition where I was on the “Radio Gjakova” table. During the day there was a lot of speeches and encouragement, its worth mentioning the great stuff that the Ambassador of Sweden told us during his speech it was also fantastic meeting so many important people.

On the Radio Gjakova exhibition stall

I couldn't tell you every single moment that happened that day but I’m very happy I was one of the volunteers. Anyway one thing is true for sure, these experiences will stay with me for a long time and are great memories.

Love Doruntina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza