Know your limits, but never stop trying to exceed them by Drenusha

 Know your limits, but never stop trying to exceed them
My experience at the YMCA in Kosovo


Drenusha representing YMCA at CiviKos
I have clearly in my mind the first day I came at the YMCA. I was called from my friend just for one day to accompany her, but I did not imagine that I will be a part of it, finding my space to share my opinions, feelings and expand my knowledge. At the beginning I did not know too much for the YMCA. I thought that it was just a youth center that do activities, games and stuff like that. After a month I can say that my point of view changed for better. The way I thought, the way I spoke and the way I communicate with other people. I have learned even more which are the problems that youth face with them. For one year I finished two levels of leadership and took part on world challenge “Move”(cup song), where I met new friends, new leaders and of course two important people Dorina and Adi. They always encourage and inspire us to not giving up no matter what life brings you, and always find new ways or make new ones.


Drenusha with her friends representing YMCA in Kosovo at the Greece Camp


More opportunities were about to come. It was Greece Summer Camp that I applied for, and felt very happy that I was one from the participation that went camping with the idea of having fun, learning new things, culture, exploring new places and making new experiences.

Drenusha and her Peer Trainer Dren with their Leadership group

Later on, I continued with Leadership program and created a new group with another peer trainer Dren. Other projects that I have volunteer and participated are: Y-WoMen, Peer trainer assessment, sharing food for poor people and packing Teddy Bears for children.



Last year me and some other friends from YMCA were chosen to represent Kosovo at Denmark Festival “Wonderful Days”. There we had a wonderful week with the music in the back, new friends from all over the world, late night camping, singing out loud every night at the festival, tasted different traditional food and showing abilities and skills in different ways.
It is a honor to be the first generation of “Youth Ambassadors “ and learning more about who you are and what strengths you have as a leader for change, develop real-world experience, learn transferable.


In the YMCA in Kosovo I have learned 3 important things: To not be afraid to try new things in life, difference makes things more interactive and beautiful, and the change begins from yourself. I still have to write about my experience in the YMCA and it makes me feel so great and lucky for all the time I have and I will spend there because I hope my journey will not stop here.


Drenusha Rogova


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza