I want to thank my YMCA for putting their trust in me by Errisa


On September 20-24 the World YMCA organized the Innovation Camp and brought together leaders from different counties to have intensive training around successful youth empowerment programmes with the view to implement them in our local YMCAs as there were 5 different topics. This event was held in Leysin, Switzerland.
I was involved in Mental Health training since I am from this background (a psychology student). A really beautiful view and the environment in the Swiss Alps helped us to have an even more enjoyable experience.
Errisa in Swiss Alps
We were trained based on the experience of the Project from YMCA Vancouver “YMCA Mindfulness Programme” – For young people to learn healthy coping tools to manage anxiety, connect with other young people and receive support—all in a safe and friendly community environment.

Errisa and her friends from the training
I had the opportunity to learn about this chosen innovation and start a journey that aims to see a long-term impact in my local and national YMCA in Kosovo, and I’m working on this.
I strongly believe in every young person’s potential, when they might struggle to see their place in a confusing world, is what has come to be one of the many things that I cherish with this organization.
With this program in Kosovo, we can help a lot of young people struggling with their mental health and we can break the stigma about this, which is a pretty big problem in our country.

I want to thank my YMCA for putting their trust in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza