Today is the day to choose if we want a better tomorrow or not! by Diona


To be honest, I had never heard about SDG’s or anything like this in my life. The reason why I wanted to be a part of this training was that I knew that the YMCA has always something valuable to tell us, something we would need through our entire lives...  And I wasn’t wrong!

Diona and other participants on SDG training

The first day of the training was a little bit confusing for me because we talked about things I   never heard before. However, I did not regret even a second of joining, because I knew from the beginning that the time that I would spend there it would be precious and interesting. SDG training had something that everyone could relate to or think about but the topics are huge and this meant our groups sometimes didn’t know how to express themselves or how to see things from a different viewpoint. In this project, we found a place where we could speak openly or what we thought about the different sustainable development topics in the world and our community.



I feel very privileged and happy that I became a part of this kind of training that aims to fix human’s lives and the world around them. We all have reasons and ways we can contribute to achieving the 17 goals and we the youth face these issues everywhere and every day.

Diona and her friends expressing their thoughts about SDG 4


This training challenged us to think about how we can change things… everywhere we go we see poverty among people, people fall asleep hungry, people die because they don’t have enough money to go to a proper hospital, kids choose wrong decisions because they can’t go to school. Women get violated along with their rights because a man thinks he can show off his power to softer beings, other people don’t have clean water to consume while others waste it, people drain nature’s products more and more every day to warm their houses while the air is getting polluted. There are people without work, climate inaction, the insecurity of people without a roof over their head and more and more other negative things that are happening today in the world but now we are starting to talk about these issues and raise awareness and partake in training like this one.

Diona and her friend put the SDGs all over Kosovo


I think young people should be more aware and should join training and programmes that help educate themselves and others… “We don’t have a plan B, because there’s no planet B”.

Today is the day to choose if we want a better tomorrow or not!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza