France... the highlight of my life! by Drilon

Hello!  I’m Drilon Rogova, an 18-year-old boy who has experienced a lot because of YMCA.
I`m a part of YMCA  for 5 years now and each year was better than the other.  YMCA have many
programs that I have participated such as “Move” (tensing), the first group I ever joined in YMCA, and then followed by Leadership program (4 levels), Y WoMan, Ten Sing (singing, dancing, drama, video making, painting ), Scouts, SDG training and much more.

Hello! I'm Drilon


I have been a leader of a leadership group for 3 levels which gave me knowledge on how to be a good leader and the first singing group on YMCA when we gave two successful performances at the Tensing showcase.

YMCA helped me gain my self-esteem, talking in public, giving speeches, making new friends etc. I also won the award for young volunteer of the year 2017.

Past President Milot gave 'The Young Volunteer of the year' award to Drilon

YMCA also gives opportunities to young people for participating in international training. I was one of them too. My first travel was in Greece in Halkidiki summer camp. 

Drilon and his friends in Halkidiki summer camp
Greece was my first time outside the country and we had a really good time. We stayed there for 6 days where we had some new activities like hiking, zip lining, camping, swimming, canoeing and also met new people.

About three months ago I had the opportunity to go to France, one of the best highlights of my life. We and many young people from around Europe like Germany, Ukraine, France, Romania, and Spain participated in the training “Youth engagement in Europe”.

Kosovo team in France

Each of us had to represent our country, and there was a special night where we showed traditional foods,  clothes, dances, and our anthems. We stayed in Salm camp for 5 days where did campfires, different games, Ted Talks, mount climbing, parties etc. Then we went to Strasburg for 3 days where we did photo challenge, explored the city and had the chance to visit the parliament or the European Council. 

Drilon in the European Council


This was the most memorable and unforgettable week of my entire life and I hope it will not be the last one.


Drilon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza