I saw the YMCA's name by Dardan

The first time that I heard about YMCA was while talking with a friend who was already a Peer Trainer at the organisation in Gjakova.


Dardan at Youth Ambassadors Meeting

I didn’t know what a peer trainer was, he invited me to be part of it but I thought I didn’t have time and I was used to do my daily routine. Part of my routine was playing Basketball which I did three times a week, back then that was my passion and I wanted to know something more about it, while reading about the history of the sport I saw YMCA's name. Then I got interested to be a part of that group that invited me the first time but again I couldn't find time so I continued my daily routine.  

One day I decided it just go and try the YMCA, it was very strange being with strangers, but after a great icebreaker we started to get closer each other. Day by day it was fun and it started to feel like family, I learned that Leadership is not a role but it’s a lifestyle, not only this but a lot of different things like how does the group function when members contribute. People said that they saw me change from attending the sessions.


Dardan at Youth Ambassador Meeting

YMCA impacted the way i think and gave me space to express ideas and thoughts. I started to like more that area and when the applications and the interviews for the peer trainers started I applied. I became a peer trainer and I couldn't do my work without a partner and that was another challenge that was completed successfully. I got the chance to be part of a Peace Work training in Prishtina as a result of my hard work.

I have met good people from different cultures and from around the world and i believe the YMCA is the perfect place to reach goals and challenge the way we think. 

At the moment I’m working, studying and fighting to become someone and give back to the place that gave me an opportunity... I want to help do that for someone who had the same needs I had

Dardan Kaqi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza