That City is Awesome!

This year I participated in the “Youth in Peace Education” Training that took place in Istanbul from 22-28 of September. The training was organized by IYLA, UNICEF and HABITAT. It’s main topic was on how to achieve peace, how to deal with conflicts and conflict analysis. We had two great coaches from Germany and Catalonia, they taught us many things that I know I will always need!

I found out about this training on a Facebook group that’s about youth. It’s kind of funny because two days before finding out about this training I told my family that I would like to go to Istanbul. So, I felt really happy when I saw the application. I read the description and knew that it would be a great experience.  After that two amazing ladies helped me with the application answers, the YMCAs CEO gave me a great reference which i needed for the training. On September 4th, I got an e-mail saying that I was accepted. I couldn't feel happier!

On September 22nd, I traveled from Pristina to Istanbul, and then directly to the training venue (which was awesome). We had a meeting with Elif Kalan who was the organizer of the training, and the other participants. The participants were from 22 different countries, and I felt really proud and happy to be representing my country there. Everyone was so friendly, we had fun and shared our cultures with each other.



On day 4 day we learned a lot about peace, and how much we actually need it in the world we live. All the topics were really catchy because the coaches didn't try to overload us with new knowledge in one day, but they explained everything with simplicity and an understanding way of teaching, and then we tried practicing by playing games that actually were really meaningful. So to sum it up, I think that this way we ended up learning everything the coaches wanted us to learn.

Let’s not just forget the fun part. Going to Istanbul is a miracle itself. That city is awesome! Thanks to the training organizers we had plenty of time to visit and enjoy the beauty of Istanbul.  Marmara, Bosphorus, Taksim Square and especially the historical part of the city. My sweetest memory is visiting the Topkapi Saray. In that palace I saw many historical things and A LOT of diamonds and gemstones. I felt like I was in the middle ages. Also, all the nights when we went out all together are priceless.

Elda (center in the pink & black top) gets her certificate with the others

I will keep this experience as a precious one in my heart and mind, and I’m looking forward to visiting Istanbul again as soon as possible.

#PEACE 

Elda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza