I found LOVE. I found HOPE by Dren

The first time I heard about YMCA I honestly thought  it was a waste of time! However I had nothing to do at that time... I was 15, no activities, nothing out of school and it was only once a week training. I didn’t have a great experience with my group and didn't know anyone so it wasn't a great first experience. But I came.



Dren representing YMCA in Kosovo as Change Agents in France

 My mom was a big reason for me to come every week, she trusted the leadership and every time I felt anxious she reassured me. It was hard at first but then something changed...it became a thing and I felt comfortable coming every week and then there were days I didn't want to come but I still came.

Dren and the other participants joined the Wonderful Days Festival in Denmark

Then I  volunteered and become a peer trainer. I didn’t know my partner Drenusha at first, but after we worked together more and more she become a really important person in my personal and YMCA life...we became friends. She is the person that helped me through public speaking, I’m very social person but when it comes to public speaking I struggled and it was her that taught me to sound smart but also share what I am trying to say and to pace myself and relax.


Dren with Romulo Dantas from the World YMCA

 I have had the best experiences in the YMCA. I found a place where my voice was heard and not judged. I found LOVE. I found HOPE. And I want other people to find themselves and most important have fun.

I am now a Change Agent and Scout leader, next year I will represent my movement in Thailand at the World Council.

Dren Haxhija

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza