You’ll find a family there by Anjesa


 I first started in September of 2012. I appreciate two of my friends Martin and Adrian who have been informed about the leadership training and invited me... in fact, I wasn't sure if I should go or not. I was very disappointed from the youth center of Gjakova in which I was registered as a volunteer and I have never been called in any activity because they were really passive in those days.


Anjesa at the Youth Ambassador meeting


The first day in YMCA was unexpected, I had fun and met new friends. Dorina was our trainer and she tried to leave us good impression about YMCA. We never did training like this in Gjakova, so as the first group we were one step before other young people. We had training once a week, but for us it wasn’t enough, we wanted more. Every day we spent there was really worthy, without mentioning the issues related to the space.


Anjesa and Durim in Greece

 After two amazing years spent in YMCA, even by having the chance to lead a group which was hard but in the same time it was really good feeling. I had to go in university in Prishtina and there was no YMCA. But every time I came in Gjakova I met young people in the leadership training, I saw a few changes and it really always felt like home, it is coming back to my family.

I was involved somehow in YMCA even if I was not living in Gjakova, family never forget their members. By YMCA I had the chance to visit some countries of the world which were also part of our YMCA family.


Anjesa and other participants in Youth Ambassador Meeting

Later myself and Qendrim opened  a leadership group in Fushe Kosovo. It was an amazing experience and they become part of our family. I learned a lot from YMCA and I’m writing my YMCA experience as a Youth Ambassador, still learning!

 YMCA never stops for you, you are the one to keep who needs to keep working and have the courage to do more.

 No matter where you go, if you are part of YMCA you’ll find a family there.

Anjesa Haziraj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza