My valuable experience by Jetmir

My experience at the YMCA


My name is Jetmir Tofaj, I am 17 years old, this year I will be graduated from high school “Tafil Kasumaj” in Deçan and I live in Junik. I have been part of George Williams Youth Association in Kosovo in the Community Leadership program. It was a very valuable experience for me, during this time we have spent amazing moments together.

Jetmir and his friend during activities 

I think that GWY is a very productive organization where the methods used there are attractive to interact with young people. In the Community Leadership program we have learned for different topics which are very useful that promotes youth moral values, topics that helped us to overcome fear from public speaking, to not have prejudice, to develop our leadership potential, to know the importance of doing volunteer work in the community where we live and many more.

Jetmir and other participants in a meeting with the Mayor in the Junik Centre

The time that we spent in this organization and in the Community Leadership training has enabled us to work more and to develop our creativity and also to have the chance to meet new people.
I also have been part of the working group of Youth Local Action Plan, this meeting was held in Gjeravica. In this workshop we had the chance to work in groups for different topics and then based in our topics we had to suggest different activities that will happen for the youth of Junik Municipality for two years.

Jetmir in Youth Local Action Plan workshop

I hope that I will continue to be part of this organisation for a long time.



Jetmir Tofaj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mësova gjëra që në të ardhmen t'i ndihmoj ndokuj edhe t'i përdor për vete / I learned things to help others in the future and to use them for myself / Naučio sam stvari kako bih u budućnosti pomagao drugima i koristio ih za sebe - Olti Vrella

The door is always open by Valentina

The right to participate in decision-making processes by Njomza